With this add-on for MailChimp you can automatically transfer the e-mail-address from your customers over to an optional list of your MailChimp account. You can then easily send out messages, newsletters and promotions to your customers. After the add-on is installed, you do no longer need to enter addresses manually or import CSV files into MailChimp. All customers or anyone who wants to subscribe to your newsletter are automatically entered in the appropriate list in MailChimp. You decide if you want all customers or just subscribers.
How to sync CS-Cart newly registered customers to your Mailchimp list on a daily basis:
- Unpack the archives content and upload the files to your server in the directory: /app/addons
- Log into the administration panel of your store, go to the add-ons -> Manage add-ons
- In the list of add-ons find Mailchimp add-on and click Install.
- Enter your Mailchimp API-KEY and the LIST-ID of the Mailchimp-list you would like to use on the add-ons settings page. You will find these settings in your Mailchimp account and Mailchimp-list.
- Make sure that the status is set to "Active".
- That's all, the add-on is installed.
- Finally add a cron job to execute this controller daily, every hour, or what ever you want. This is usually done in cPanel. Log in to your cPanel and you will see an icon called Cron jobs. Choose the time you would like it to be executed, and paste in the code from the attached file: cron_job.txt. Remember to change the URL-name in the code to yours.